After School Time
Our program is full for the 2021-2022 school year but click the button below to apply for 2022-2023. Join us for After School Time at the NECC! Kids will have a safe environment to make friends, play sports and active games, have homework help, work on arts and crafts, eat snacks, and more! After School Time will be an inclusive and engaging space for ALL children – socially, emotionally, and physically.
Generous financial support is available through The Community Fund. Follow the link to find out more, request financial support, or make a donation to support another family in your community.
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Times: 2:30 – 6:00pm
- Price*: $40/day $175/week (financial support and payment plans are available)
- Grades: Kindergarten – 5th
- Drop-off/pick-up: Drop off at any time during program hours.
- Laurelhurst pickup happens daily at 3:15 pm; children are picked up on foot and walk back to the center with staff members.
- If your child goes to Richmond, there is a school bus stop 326 in front of NECC available ONLY for kids who are eligible for the route. To be eligible for the route your home address must be on the school bus route and further than a mile from the school. Please contact Ava Shannon at email@example.com for help determining if you are eligible.
- Accommodations: To inquire about special accommodations, please reach out to the Program Coordinator, Ava Shannon, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are prepared to care for neurodivergent children and work with families to meet children’s specific needs. Please note, our program allows kids to have extended periods of free time, which can be challenging for children who succeed with more structure or more individualized guidance and redirection. If you would like to discuss if this would be the right fit for your child, please reach out to the program coordinator.
- Youth classes/other activities: If your child signs-up for our other youth offerings, such as sports classes, art class, dance class, or swim lessons, we can usher them to/from their class/activity.
- Registration: Please start the registration process by filling out the NECC After School Time Interest Form via google forms. Your child’s spot will be confirmed once we contact you for payment.
- Swim time/swim lessons: In the future, as things with COVID-19 stabilize, we hope to be able to incorporate open swim time or swim lessons into our After School Time offerings.
If you have any further questions about the program, please reach out to our Youth Enrichment Coordinator, Ava Shannon email@example.com
- In order to receive a refund or credit to your NECC account, you must withdraw your child from After School Time at least 48 hours prior to the day of care. This will allow us to safely offer spaces to other children.
- If you withdraw your child from After School Time fewer than 48 hours prior, we will not be able to issue a refund or credit. Exceptions include if your child is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, as kids are not allowed to visit the NECC if they are sick.