After School Time
Click the button below to join the 2022-2023 school year waitlist. Join us for After School Time at the NECC! Kids will have a safe environment to make friends, play sports and active games, have homework help, work on arts and crafts, eat snacks, and more!
The mission of the youth programs at the Northeast Community Center is to provide a safe and supportive environment for young people in Portland to learn, grow, and thrive. Through a variety of engaging and inclusive activities and services, we aim to promote the physical, social, and emotional well-being of youth and empower them to become confident, responsible, and engaged members of their community.
Join the waitlist for the 2022-2023 school year here!
Financial support is available through The Community Fund. Follow the link to find out more, request financial support, or make a donation to support another family in your community.
- Days: Monday – Friday (only operates on days PPS holds classes)
- Times: 2:45 – 6:00pm
- Price*: $40/day $175/week (financial support and payment plans are available)
- Grades: Kindergarten – 5th
- Drop-off/pick-up: Kids and families are free to come and go anytime during program hours.
- Laurelhurst pickup happens daily at 3:15 pm; children are picked up on foot and walk back to the center with staff members.
- If your child goes to Richmond Elementary, there is a school bus stop 258 in front of NECC. Please contact Ava Shannon at email@example.com for help determining if you are eligible.
- Accommodations: To inquire about special accommodations, please reach out to the Youth Programs Manager, Ava Shannon, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are prepared to care for neurodivergent children and work with families to meet children’s specific needs. Please note, our program allows kids to have extended periods of free time, which can be challenging for children who succeed with more structure or more individualized guidance and redirection. If you would like to discuss if this would be the right fit for your child, please reach out to the program manager.
- Youth classes/other activities: If your child signs up for our other youth offerings, such as sports classes, art classes, dance classes, or swim lessons, we can usher them to/from their class/activity.
- Registration: Please start the registration process by filling out the NECC After School Time Interest Form via google forms. Filling out this form will add you to our waitlist. We will contact you via email if a spot opens up.
If you have any further questions about the program, please reach out to our Youth Programs Manager, Ava Shannon email@example.com
In order to receive a credit for a future After School Time enrollment, you must withdraw your child from After School Time at least 2 business days prior to the day of care.
If you withdraw your child from After School Time fewer than 2 business days prior, we will not be able to issue a credit. Exceptions if your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has COVID-19, as kids are not allowed to visit the NECC if they have COVID-19.