July 8, 2021
Because Multnomah County has removed most COVID-19 restrictions, our operating procedures have changed. Please review the following information carefully:
- Masks/Properly fitting face coverings are required in all common areas (lobby, hallways, etc.)
- During July, Masks/Properly fitting face coverings are required in MPR A & B
- Masks/Properly fitting face coverings are optional the Fitness Room (on our main floor), Cardio room (upstairs), and Weight/Core Rooms (downstairs)
- Physical distancing is strongly recommended in all areas of the facility.
- Starting July 12, Locker Rooms will be available for use. Masks/Properly fitting face coverings are required in the changing area of all locker rooms.
- The gymnasium remains closed for general use through July – we will make announcements about any schedule changes for August.
Preparing for your first visit. Monitor your health and do not come to the facility if you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. We also have three documents that you must complete before your first visit (if you visited in the fall when we were open for a short time, you do not need to do this again). You may print these at home and bring signed copies with you, or they will be available at the facility (feel free to bring your own pen):
- Code of Conduct that outlines your commitment to take specific actions that support the health and well-being of everyone in our facility;
- NECC Waiver and Release of Liability; and
- NECC Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability related to COVID-19.
Fill your water bottle, select a properly fitting mask (it must fully cover your nose and mouth – face shields are not permitted), and consider bringing your own towel. We encourage you to bring only the items absolutely necessary for your workout.
Parking at the NECC and Arriving at the Facility. The parking lot entrance on 38th Ave is closed; enter the parking lot from Broadway Blvd.
Getting Started. Maintain 6′ distance from other participants and staff at all times. When you enter the facility, be ready to:
- Follow our new one-way entry traffic flow;
- Have your membership card scanned for a touchless entry (If you have misplaced your card, email the front desk);
- Use the provided hand-sanitizer (or immediately wash your hands); and
- Pick up your own bottle of EPA-approved disinfectant (your bottle has already been sanitized).
While you are in the facility, please continue to use your EPA-approved disinfectant according to the directions to wipe all equipment and other surfaces you touch before and after use.
After your visit, if you have feedback on your experience, please email us. Whether you join us in person or online, we look forward to seeing you.