When you support the Northeast Community Center, you are ensuring that your Center remains the heart of the Hollywood community. With your help, NECC will continue to offer affordable fitness, aquatics and educational opportunities to Active Older Adults, youth, families and everyone in between. NECC is committed to supporting our members and our community’s fitness and wellness.
Your support helps us reach out and give back with programs such as our membership scholarship program for low income community members and All Play Basketball that makes it possible for foster children and children from low income families to play basketball in the NECC league. The NECC makes its facilities available for other programs such as the Police Department’s (self defense) WomenStrength and GirlStrength program and Red Cross certified Babysitter’s Training, CPR and First Aid training. We also work with neighborhood partners including the Hollywood Senior Center, Hollywood Farmer’s Market, Hollywood Gleaners, Oregon Food Bank, Hollywood Boosters, Dress for Success and Albertina Kerr to support community causes.
All cash or in-kind donations are tax deductible. NECC is an independent non-profit (tax ID #20-2154935) that does not receive funds from the city. Your donations allow us to be more for the community than just another fitness club.
There are many ways to get involved in your community through the NECC! In addition to donating money, there are opportunities to donate your time and energy in a meaningful way, or to contribute supplies and equipment with in-kind donations.
Ways you can contribute include:
- Adding $5, $10, or $20 per month to your monthly membership dues. This sustaining donation is collected automatically each month when your dues are processed.
- A lump sum gift.
- Donate quarterly toward your target annual gift.
- Join with other fitness and cardio room users to provide new exercise equipment. Six new pieces of equipment are needed with an average price of $4,000 per piece.
- Donate to replace the lobby carpet, $3,000.
- Get a group of fellow swimmers together to contribute toward re-grouting the pool, a $10,000 expense.
- Many other smaller projects are awaiting funding, i.e. the men’s and women’s sauna renovations and re-coating the gym floor.
- In-kind donations.
- Volunteering for touch-up/fix-up work parties that help reduce the NECC’s custodial costs so more funds are available for programs.
To make an in-kind donation contact the Executive Director.
You will receive a letter from the NECC recognizing the value of your donation that can be used to verify your tax deduction.
Items we could really use:
- Commercial grade exercise equipment
- Exercise mats; about $50 each (10 needed).
- Step aerobics steps; about $100 each (10 needed).
- 138 square yards of institutional grade carpet tiles to replace the lobby, reception, and shared office area carpeting.
- 84 square yards of institutional grade carpet tiles to replace the fitness room carpet tiles.
- Gym floor recoating.
- Parking lot sealing and re-striping.
- Electro-painting the men’s change room lockers.Materials to replace the covering of the treads on the north stairs (Roppe institutional grade rubber treads and risers).