To apply, please send a cover letter and completed NECC Job Application to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and positions will remain open until filled. Some positions will receive Membership Benefits. No phone calls, please. Click here for a copy of the NECC Job Application.
Adult Fitness & Wellness Coordinator – Part Time
Position Description. The NECC is an independent, non-profit community center, located in the heart of the Hollywood district. The NECC’s Mission is to help families and individuals achieve their wellness, recreational, learning and cultural goals while being part of a diverse and welcoming community in our historic building. We are seeking a talented, efficient & collaborative professional to create, staff, and manage fitness, wellness, and enrichment programming that serves NECC’s Adult Members, including Active Older Adults. The Coordinator will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to expand programming that serves those living in neighborhoods surrounding the NECC.
This position requires excellent organization, communication & problem-solving skills; prior experience developing Adult programming or working with Adults and/or Active Older Adults in a recreational, fitness or wellness setting; and a passion for service. Coordinator will work closely with other Supervisory Staff and reports to the Executive Director.
Specific tasks done by the position
- Plan, prepare & deliver exceptional Adult fitness, wellness & enrichment programming to meet NECC’s mission and values, serve NECC members and the community, and attract new members and participants to the NECC.
- Recruit, train, supervise & evaluate staff in all program areas.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Program Coordinators to maximize use of venue space.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create annual budget; maintain fiscal control over all adult programming.
- Attend Staff meetings; attend Board Committees and other meetings as required.
- Assist in oversight of physical facilities and maintenance of equipment.
- Oversee Personal Training and Group Training services provided to Members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in PE, Recreation, Fitness/Wellness, or related field; an exercise science background, certification in Personal Training, Group Fitness, or another comparable certification; or comparable experience.
- Experience in fitness & wellness programming. Experience working with and/or providing programming for Active Older Adults a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and technology skills, including the familiarity with or willingness & ability to learn database management software used by the NECC.
The Important Fine Print
- This is a part-time position, requiring between 18-20 hours of administrative time/week; Coordinator may have the opportunity to work up to 10-20 additional instructional, personal training, or community outreach hours.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings & weekends as required.
- NECC is an equal opportunity employer; the successful applicant must complete a background check before hire.
- Current Red Cross First Aid/AED certification or ability to obtain certification prior to starting the job.
- Starting hourly wage – DOE
Send a Cover Letter of Application, resume, wage/salary requirements or history, and complete & attach page 4 of the NECC job application, found on the NECC website at: http://necommunitycenter.org/about/employment/. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed as they are received.
The NECC Support Staff is a team player with a unique blend of skills who can move seamlessly between Administrative Support and Child Watch positions while effectively balancing multiple demands in a fast-paced, customer service position. While working in Administrative and Program support roles, you will greet customers, answer questions about membership & programming, provide a wide range of support tasks for our membership, programming & outreach functions, and perform other duties as assigned. While working in Child Watch, you will work as part of a team to provide a clean, safe, healthy & happy environment for children of all ages.
This position requires:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with office technology & software, including Word, Excel & Outlook. Experience with Publisher, Photoshop, WordPress a strong plus;
• Proficiency with – or ability to quickly learn – membership and donation software;
• Multiline phone experience & excellent customer service skills;
• Knowledge of NECC Membership opportunities, Programs, Activities & Schedules (or the ability to quickly learn);
• Experience with managing multiple children of a wide age-range;
• Flexible Schedule;
• First Aid, Adult/Child/Infant CPR & AED Certifications (or ability to obtain certification upon hire).
• Other duties as assigned;
The qualities of the ideal employee:
• Fun, friendly, positive & focused;
• Proactive & Inquisitive;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to remain calm & friendly during times of stress;
• Ability & willingness to support Membership, Programming & Outreach activities; and
• Desire & ability to actively and creatively engage with children.
Support Staff employee must be able to lift 40 pounds and climb stairs and walk the entire building (for tours and performing opening and closing procedures).
Job tasks include but are not limited to, direct supervision of children, maintaining records, ensuring consistent implementation of CW policies, clean and maintain department, and monitor opening and closing duties. Position reports to the Child Watch Coordinator and Administrative Supervisor.
• Work with the children, parents, and staff to meet the needs of children while in Child Watch.
• Ensure a safe and developmentally appropriate setting.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Other duties as assigned (which include but are not limited to maintenance and cleanliness of Child Watch).
• Report any suspected abuse or lack of adherence to policy to the Administrator Supervisor.
• Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
• Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
• Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
• Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order.
• Sanitize toys and play equipment.
• Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
• Use positive behavioral methods to modify and encourage independence and responsibility, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
• Help children overcome issues of separation from their parents.
• Maintain daily open communication with parents.
• Previous experience supervising children required.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Ability to balance safety considerations with child’s need to be active.
• A warm personality with a strong degree of patience and adaptability to different group dynamics.
• Must have the ability to listen actively, be aware of age appropriate learning strategies, and demonstrate a high level of social perceptiveness, critical thinking skills and strong time management.
• Must pass national criminal background check.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must get CPR and First Aide certification as soon as offered at the position at NECC if not already possessed by applicant.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Visual and auditory ability sufficient to react to an emergency and to listen and respond to children and parents.
• Flexibility with working a variety of schedules.