To apply, please send a cover letter and completed NECC Job Application to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and positions will remain open until filled. Some positions will receive Membership Benefits. No phone calls, please. Click here for a copy of the NECC Job Application.
The NECC Support Staff is a team player with a unique blend of skills who can move seamlessly between Administrative Support and Child Watch positions while effectively balancing multiple demands in a fast-paced, customer service position. While working in Administrative and Program support roles, you will greet customers, answer questions about membership & programming, provide a wide range of support tasks for our membership, programming & outreach functions, and perform other duties as assigned. While working in Child Watch, you will work as part of a team to provide a clean, safe, healthy & happy environment for children of all ages.
This position requires:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with office technology & software, including Word, Excel & Outlook. Experience with Publisher, Photoshop, WordPress a strong plus;
• Proficiency with – or ability to quickly learn – membership and donation software;
• Multiline phone experience & excellent customer service skills;
• Knowledge of NECC Membership opportunities, Programs, Activities & Schedules (or the ability to quickly learn);
• Experience with managing multiple children of a wide age-range;
• Flexible Schedule;
• First Aid, Adult/Child/Infant CPR & AED Certifications (or ability to obtain certification upon hire).
• Other duties as assigned;
The qualities of the ideal employee:
• Fun, friendly, positive & focused;
• Proactive & Inquisitive;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to remain calm & friendly during times of stress;
• Ability & willingness to support Membership, Programming & Outreach activities; and
• Desire & ability to actively and creatively engage with children.
Support Staff employee must be able to lift 40 pounds and climb stairs and walk the entire building (for tours and performing opening and closing procedures).
Job tasks include but are not limited to, direct supervision of children, maintaining records, ensuring consistent implementation of CW policies, clean and maintain department, and monitor opening and closing duties. Position reports to the Child Watch Coordinator and Administrative Supervisor.
• Work with the children, parents, and staff to meet the needs of children while in Child Watch.
• Ensure a safe and developmentally appropriate setting.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Other duties as assigned (which include but are not limited to maintenance and cleanliness of Child Watch).
• Report any suspected abuse or lack of adherence to policy to the Administrator Supervisor.
• Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
• Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
• Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
• Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order.
• Sanitize toys and play equipment.
• Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
• Use positive behavioral methods to modify and encourage independence and responsibility, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
• Help children overcome issues of separation from their parents.
• Maintain daily open communication with parents.
• Previous experience supervising children required.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Ability to balance safety considerations with child’s need to be active.
• A warm personality with a strong degree of patience and adaptability to different group dynamics.
• Must have the ability to listen actively, be aware of age appropriate learning strategies, and demonstrate a high level of social perceptiveness, critical thinking skills and strong time management.
• Must pass national criminal background check.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must get CPR and First Aide certification as soon as offered at the position at NECC if not already possessed by applicant.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Visual and auditory ability sufficient to react to an emergency and to listen and respond to children and parents.
• Flexibility with working a variety of schedules.