To apply, please send a cover letter and completed NECC Job Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and positions will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. Click here for a copy of the NECC Job Application.
General Description: NECC Lifeguards are primarily responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies in the aquatic area. Lifeguards must also be able to maintain a professional relationship with members and staff.
• Current Lifeguard Certification through American Red Cross or Equivalent provider.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided), and ability to lift-carry and push-pull 50 lbs.
• Able to work with and give instruction to a diverse population in a courteous and friendly manner, and leadership and public relation skills with people of all ages.
• Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
• Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
• Inspect the facility and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor, and complete opening and closing procedures for pool and building (with co-worker).
• Participate in regular in-service training sessions & maintain strong swimming skills.
• Be a reliable team-player, respond well to supervisor input.
• Test pool chemicals, document chemical readings, knowledge of proper ranges for tests, and/or notify proper personnel as needed; Complete all required records and reports.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Complete an NECC Job Application, or send your resume to email@example.com